Materahub is a consortium that works at the international level to supports enterprises, startups and aspiring entrepreneurs, institutions and organizations through european projects.
Materahub is partner of many international projects. For years Materahub has been an intermediary organization in the South of Italy of the European programme ERASMUS+ for young entrepreneurs, it is also the italian host of the Creative Business Cup, the most important international competition for the creative industries.
Materahub is member of the Puglia Creativa District and is part of CRESCO, the cultural and creative organizations network in Basilicata. The Consortium joins also the CARP, an international network that promotes the cultural routes of the prehistoric art across the Board of Europe.
L’Albero Tutti i rami della creatività is an artistic collective directed by Alessandra Maltempo and Vania Cauzillo that include communication specialist, pedagogue and artists.
Mission and vision: Art is a language that can connect everyone and everything. Art is a tool that allows to communicate everything to everyone. L’Albero is also able to connect local community with national and international artists.
Structure: L’Albero (that in Italian means The Tree) has divided itself into 5 different smaller sections, closely linked together, just like the branches of a tree:
1) L’Albero’s Acting Company which writes, produces and puts on its own live performances;
2) Cinema Section which produces film clips, adverts, short films and documentaries and offers many other services to film productions;
3) La Scuola Sull’Albero which trains children and young people every year in different artistic disciplines such as singing, dancing and theatre;
4) Educational Project Section that, in collaboration with the Social Co-operative ‘Zero in Condotta’, promotes and supervises socio-cultural events and artistic workshops in state schools, penitentiaries and day care centres;
5) SOS Teatro Section that deals with conception and realization of performing initiatives with educational and promotional intent, either public or private sphere. Theatre is a powerful tool of communication and its potentialities can put at the service of all those private companies, organizational structures with social intents, non-profit associations, public administrations or co-operatives which need to promote social contents, educational projects or cultural events.
Reseo is the European network for opera and dance education and was created in 1996. Over 20 years we have welcomed over 142 members from 32 countries who are all passionate about furthering opera, dance and music education.
Arts and culture are valued as essential elements of European cultural life. Equal access to artistic creativity and creative learning through opera, music and dance education are essential elements in thriving and sustainable European societies.
RESEO’s mission is to support, advocate for, and collaborate with organisations and individuals in Europe to deliver innovative approaches in creative learning through opera, music and dance to the highest artistic standards for the widest possible audience.
This chamber opera theatre company was founded in 1991, devising and creating new contemporary opera and music theatre in the UK and internationally. The company works locally, regionally and nationally in the UK, particularly in the South West, and internationally in two complimentary spheres:
I. Participation. They use the company’s and their partners’ collective skills in arts and cultural projects in particular with young people and emerging artists. They aim to:
- bring young people from different races, cultures and religions together to foster tolerance and understanding and develop personal and employability skills preparing them for the creative and cultural industries.
- They encourage the development of emerging diverse young artists including those with disability and encourage them to create new work.
- They support disadvantaged rural communities in Bridport, West Dorset through projects with local partners using culture and the arts to help local schools and disadvantaged community groups.
II. Performing Arts. Opera Circus is an experimental theatre ensemble company committed to commissioning, producing and presenting opera and music theatre as stimulating, innovative and highly accessible theatre to diverse audiences of all ages. They develop work that is of high quality collaborating with renown established artists and supporting emerging and diverse young singers, musicians and producers. Each sphere of their work links to the other and are bound by the use of culture and the arts as a powerful tool for both individual and community transformation.
III.Strategic partnerships and Advocacy. They develop long-term partnerships to deliver sustainable arts and cultural projects. They learn from partners and build capacity and skills through generously sharing their expertise and creativity. They partner across the UK and Europe with over 16 cultural organisations, festivals and Universities in Italy, Portugal, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Romania, Belgium and the UK. They are currently working with Matera 2019, Teatro l’Albero and Senza Spine in Bologna with a new community opera, The Silent City, for the City of Culture, 2019, Matera and with Matera Hub in this Erasmus + Strategic Partnership Project, Get Close to Opera. They are working with Glyndebourne Opera’s Education Department UK on a new youth arts programme using The Complete Freedom of Truth process http://thecompletefreedomoftruth.com. They will premier a new opera, Naciketa, as part of the Alchemy Festival, Southbank Centre, London in 2020. Opera Circus is part of the Global AHRC Research programme Changing the Story, with Leeds and Bournemouth Universities UK, working in Kosovo in 2018 and 2019. https://changingthestory.leeds.ac.uk
EUROPEAN NETWORK OF MIGRANT WOMEN
They are an Europe-wide platform of NGOs that works, in the spirit of intersectional feminism, for the rights of migrant & refugee women & girls in Europe.
They are led by female migrants and refugees of Arab, African, LatinAmerican, Asian and Eastern European descent living in Europe, and they represent their interests directly at EU and International level.
Their members range from grass-root service providers to NGOs focused on advocacy and research.
Their members are the experts in a diverse range of subjects including the Human Rights of Migrant & Refugee women, Girl-Child, Mental Health, Economic Empowerment, Sexual-Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), Anti-Discrimination, Access to Justice, Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG), Migration & Asylum.
UNIVERSITY OF PATRAS
University of Patras was founded in the city of Patras in 1964 and it began functioning in the Academic year 1966-67. The establishment of the University contributed vastly to the decentralization of Academic Education in Greece. University of Patras is significantly active in research and has a reputation for quality and innovative research. The University’s research activity is supported by its policies for the promotion of excellence and the creation of the appropriate research environment. At this project, Intercultural Forum of University of Patras participates. Intercultural Forum (intercultural.upatras.gr) is a network of university departments, schools, academics, researchers, teachers, technocrats and state agents. Emphasis is placed on social inclusion and intercultural learning through intercultural circles of dialogue and collaborative action. Every October their annual “Intercultural Forum Event” takes place.
Their activities contribute to:
- Refugee education and children narratives.
- Research on differentiated intercultural teaching planning and professional learning.
- Application of Learning by Design and cgscholar.com.
ESART CAMPUS BARCELONA
ESART is an international centre for Vocational and Higher Education in the Performing Arts located in Barcelona, Spain. It currently serves the professional training needs of students from around the world including Spain, Latin America, the EU, Russia and the Orient. In collaboration with Pearson Education (UK) and Bath Spa University (UK), Esart offers UK-accredited undergraduate studies and awards in a range of arts-related disciplines including Music, Dance, Acting, Musical Theatre and Business. ESART forms an integral part of Catalan educational provider Grup Montcau / “Promocio d’Escoles Fundacio” which was founded in 1965 and imparts and supports a range of educational qualifications ranging from pre-school to secondary and post-secondary to some 1500 students in the Barcelona metropolitan area.
ESART aspires to employ a humanistic approach to teaching and learning where ethical values foster a spirit of self-achievement and the tools and methods employed reaffirm the value of art as a socially transformative tool.